Albuquerque was ranked #1 in Movie Maker’s 10 Best Cities To Live, Work & Make Movies in 2010
you begin to experience its
unique sense of place.
Add to that the dramatic
Sandia Mountains and the
volcanic escarpment, which
frame Albuquerque to the east
and west and the blue sky
overhead, you’ll understand why
Albuquerque’s growth rate has
exceeded the national average
When Sony Pictures Imageworks opened a satellite office in ABQ, Josh Riley and Philippe Zerounian of Puzzled Pictures took it upon themselves to answer this question for all. Check out the movie they created: Albuquerque: The Unknown
- Albuquerque is rated the #1 city in which to live and work in the film industry by MovieMaker magazine.
- The cost of living is lower in ABQ.
- ReelzChannel relocated their offices to ABQ.
- Past motion attendees and speakers now call ABQ home.
- Numerous low-cost, non-stop flights between ABQ and LA on Southwest Airlines.
- Breaking Bad is shot in NM
- In Plain Sight is shot in ABQ
- The new hit series Longmire, is filmed in NM
- The Avengers – ABQ’s biggest and most technologically advanced production was shot in New Mexico.
- Crazy Heart, Iron Man 2, Thor, True Grit, Cowboys and Aliens, Terminator Salvation, The Book of Eli, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – and over 200 more motion pictures have been shot in NM.
- New Mexico is ranked the 3rd best location for film production in North America by Variety magazine.
- See what else is currently in production on the NM Film website including The Lone Ranger (Johnny Depp), Gambit (Cameron Diaz), and Last Stand (Arnold Schwarzenegger).
Check it out while you’re at motion – find out why ABQ is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States with a population just under 1 million, and home to many in the motion picture industry.
Not to mention the many things you can do while you’re here!